Test Case Management Tool:
Test management refers to the activity of managing a testing process. The test management process is a set of activities from the start of the testing to the end of the testing.
Below are few advantages of using the Test Case Management Tool:
- It gives discipline to testing. When we follow a test process it gives us the plan at the initial.
- The test process allows the team to plan and control the testing throughout the project cycle.
- It helps in tracking and monitoring the testing process throughout the project.
- Provides transparent testing among stakeholders and maintains the conducted test for future reference.
- Gives a deep level of detail of the testing that’s being carried out.
- Gives a clear understanding of testing activities pre and post-project to all the team members.
- The test process can be defined and practiced differently according to the necessity in the test.
Test Management Process
Explained below are the typical activities in the test process.
- Test Plan
- Test Design
- Test Execution
- Exit Criteria
- Test Reporting
HOW DO YOU DO THE SOFTWARE TEST MANAGEMENT?
- WITH ANY TOOL?
- OR OTHER WAY?
WHY TEST MANAGEMENT TOOL?
- Helps in capturing requirements
- Designing test cases
- Test execution and reports creation
- Informing other team-members about Testing progress
- Small errors in recording these details may lead to catastrophic effects and failure of the project.
- So, to manage all these details some test management tools can come very handy and useful.
- There are many tools available to manage the test process such as qTest, JIRA, Team Service, TestLink, etc.
Let’s see one of the best test management tools I have come across.
AIO – All In One Tests for Jira. AIO is the platform, which combines:
- Ease of adding test cases
- History of test cases
- Automation Support
- Reporting for the current deliverable and plan your next step
SOFTWARE TEST MANAGEMENT TOOLS INTEGRATED WITH JIRA, WHY?
The integration between the Test Management tool and Jira means you can reuse common elements created on Jira, such as projects, users, versions, etc., and avoid duplication.
Features of AIO – All in One Tests for Jira
- AIO – Overview Dashboard which provides the overview of the project and activities on the first screen.
- AIO Tests provide easy test creation in one screen, one go and it allows to link the Jira requirements.
- Folder Structure Organisation for all test cases.
- Importing existing test cases is easy.
- It also provides test case reusability.
- Test case execution is organized within Test cycles.
- Plan for the next release and track the progress at any step of the cycle.
- Complete Automation Testing life cycle is captured and helps to report the complete Automation Execution via easy upload of Reports or via Rest APIs as well.
- Traceability Reports allow tracking the requirements to cases to execution to defects.
One should surely take a free trial of AIO – All in One Tests in Jira, for tracking and maintaining the quality assurance of the project.